Sunday 16 June 2013

DIY Wedding Bouquet

I recently finished my first ever handmade bouquet made out of satin flowers, beads and ribbons.  The flowers were hand sewn.  Though it took a lot of time, it was really worth it instead of the usual glue it together.   Here's the final product.


The high res photos are still with the photographer and I'll be requesting for it later during the week. As this is my first commissioned project, I asked the bride if I could experiment a little and came to the following conclusions:

1. Satin comes in varying softness (?) i.e. pink was easier to mold than white
2. Organza is hard to mold because of the fabric. Only did a few flowers, and used the rest as a base frill.
3. Soft tulle is nice to sew but clashes with the satin.
4. Buy more beads, less pearls.
5. Main fabric first, supporting fabric should be incorporated later.
6. Need to figure out a nicer looking stem.

If want to have your very own handmade bouquet for your special day or know a friend who is interested in one, drop me a message at roliannetorio@yahoo.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment